Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Orleans Cuisine

This past weekend my brother and I took a road trip to New Orleans.  It was the first time in the Big Easy for both of us.  We wanted to see as much music as possible and eat as much good food as we could.  Here are the highlights:

Backflip 006

My first beer (of many):  Abita Amber, which interestingly is a lager, from Molly's at the Market in the French Quarter.

Backflip 010

Seafood Gumbo from Coop's Place in the French Quarter.  We were told this was some of the best gumbo in town.  It was certainly one of the spicier dishes we had.

Backflip 021

Ahhhh, the Hurricanes.  Can’t say I remember too much of them.  I’m pretty sure my brother puked his back up!

Backflip 024

Coffee and beignets from Cafe Du Monde.  And yes, they are every bit as good as advertised.  Perfect Bourbon Street hangover cure.

Backflip 034

After a long day of walking and biking around in the 1000000% humidity, I was dying for lunch.  I happened to stumble upon 13 Monaghan where I demolished this veggie po’ boy.  The cream cheese sauce made it one of the best sandwiches I’ve ever had.

Backflip 048

Rebirth Brass Band playing a free show on Frenchmen Street at the Satchmo Festival.  Unbelievable!

No comments:

Post a Comment