Tuesday, May 11, 2010

First Night Outside

Ever since we got the coop, the chickens have been staying outside during the day and loving it.  Now that the overnight lows are holding steady in the 70s, it is time for them to sleep out there.

Since they have been sleeping inside for the last 4 1/2 weeks, I wasn’t sure how they would react to being outside.  I went to check on them around 11:00 last night, and they were all huddled up together in the corner of the coop – not a good sign.  But I figured I’d let them tough it out and see how they were in the morning.

Coop 003

This morning they were happily running around the coop as if they’d had a great night of sleep.  No signs of being cold and uncomfortable.

And since they were so good, I even gave them a piece of corn on the cob…their favorite treat!

Now that the chickens are out of the house, we finally have our TV room back!

No comments:

Post a Comment