Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Rocky Hill Roundup

This past Saturday (May 16) was the Rocky Hill Roundup out at Rocky Hill Ranch in Smithville, TX.  I’ve ridden out there about a half a dozen times, and it’s definitely a tough course.  And just to make it even more challenging, we had a classic Texas-style rain storm two nights before the race.  Not only did that make it a slow and muddy course, but it also made it quite hot and humid.  Check out my filthy post-race bike…

Coop 

I raced in Category 3 again, and there were 43 riders in my age group.  I finished 29th in 57 minutes, 16 seconds.  I started at a moderate pace in order to finish strong, but for some reason I never seemed to find my groove.  I was pretty disappointed with my performance, but I’m still new to racing, so I have to keep that in mind.  For now, the racing season is over.   We’ll just continue to train over the summer and get ready for next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment