Thursday, April 22, 2010

2 Weeks

It’s been 2 weeks since we got our first three chicks (1 week for Ms. Ameraucana).  It’s time to take them outside to play!

Birds 001

They were a little agitated that I was taking them out of their home and putting them in a dirty box.  Little did they know that they’d be clucking around the backyard in a few seconds.

I was a little nervous to have all four chicks outside at once.  I wasn’t sure if they’d try to run away or hide under some impossible-to-reach spot.  I sure didn’t want to play hide-and-seek with baby chicks all night, so I took them out to the enclosed pen we have in the backyard.

Birds 012

They loved it!  They were a little unsure of what to do once they were outside, but pretty soon instinct took over, and they were hopping around and pecking at the grass. 

Even the little Ameraucana was figuring out how to act like a big chicken.  They definitely liked being outside though and even acted less nervous around me than usual.

Birds 007

They are also looking significantly bigger.  Their feathers are really starting to come in too.  It’s amazing how fast they grow!

They could have kept playing all day long, but after about 30 minutes I brought them back inside.  I’m sure they are sitting at home right now dreaming of going back out to the yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment