Wednesday, April 14, 2010

First Bike Race

I’ve been biking for quite a long time, practically my whole life.  Whether riding around town, commuting to school, or charging the trails, biking is AWESOME!

2 weeks ago my friend Max and I rode in the Bicycle Sport Shop Pace Bend Race out at Lake Travis.  It was my first race, so I rode in the Cat 3 division which is pretty much for new racers. 

Everyone is bunched up so closer together, especially at the start.  Fortunately I’ve done tons of running races, so I pretty much knew what to expect.  I have to admit that I was still a little nervous though. 

The race was a 9 mile loop of mostly single track.  I did pretty well, finishing 23rd out of 48 riders in 1 hour, 2 minutes.  The best part was the free beer at the end of the race!

Max and I signed up for our next race which is the Rocky Hill Ranch Roundup on May 15-16 out at a private ranch an hour east of Austin.  It’s been raining here a bit, so I’m going to have to train in the mud!

No comments:

Post a Comment