Wednesday, April 7, 2010

In the beginning...

Some of you may have read my about my life-changing act on my girlfriend's blog at http://dailyveggie.blogspot.com. If not, here's a quick recap...I killed and ate my very own chicken.

It was an incredible learning experience, and it seriously made me think about not eating meat ever again. That was 3 weeks ago to the day, and so far I've only eaten fish twice (after wrestling with my morals, I decided that fish fit into my belief system, so I feel o.k. with the occasional piece).

I'm starting this blog to chronicle my transition into pescetarianism, although I will use that term loosely. For me this journey is not about labelling myself but rather respecting my food, particularly where it comes from and how it's prepared.

I will be posting on various topics from my garden to my homebrew to my soon-to-be chicken coop. I invite you to follow me as I explore ways to live a more sustainable and organic life.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Adam,

    I'll be following your amazing journey!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach! I couldn't do it. Hey I have a blog too, and it may be useful for you since I tend to go on about being vegan. Check out the food and health page- that's my story about going (no label here)-ian. I try to keep it light... for now, until I suck you all into the dark. :)
    Liz
    http://shortstax.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete